Monday 4 July 2011

To new continents (and beyond)



It's my last day at Gili Trawangan tomorrow. Spent a day in Lombok yesterday. Drove a couple of hours up to the waterfalls in the north of the island with Päivi, Maman and Gogon who was kind enough to give me a ride on his scooter.
Drove up and down the mountainside, through fields and forests of palmtrees, down the beach, up again..

Went diving again today (now with a camera that I rented). Most possibly will do one more dive tomorrow. It's so expensive in Australia compared to here.

The underwater scenery and atmosphere is just something else. I feel like a dive is a small adventure with silent companions; the other divers, the fishes, turtles and other creatures of the sea silently drifting past. Other than that I find myself being very alone, in a good way, just the sound of my own breathing, just my thoughts, my eyes and what they capture. Diving, I think, is also good for nerves. Gotta keep calm, no matter what happens, it's a good lesson to learn and to hold on to, underwater or not.

the next blog post will most probably be from australia, but now I'm gonna continue with some sangria and the sunset on the beach. Let the pictures do rest of the talking..

No comments:

Post a Comment