Wednesday 6 July 2011

Bye bye Indonesia, welcome Australia


Had such an awesome holiday in Indonesia, thanks to Päivi and "Gilinta's orange-bike-gang". Thank you! Was a bit sad to leave, and got a bit uneasy knowing that there is going to be a million new things to adjust to and get used to and find out about and realize and understand.. also caught a flu and was very tired in the evening going to the airport so was feeling a bit miserable. The overnight flight was quick, only 5 hours, from which I slept most of, even though the guy next to me was hilariously messed up. He explained that he has got a back injury and has just had some Valium to survive the flight and he wasn't sure if he had too much. :) Well, at least he passed out quite nicely.

So this is it, Sydney.

Arrived here thursday morning, the arrival was very easy, no questions asked at the airport, just a "Happy birthday" from passport control and then hopping on a shuttle bus and here I am, Lane Cove, NSW.

Eeva and Vesku were here for two days to help me to get started, their help has been so uselful and welcome! Now they left for Finland for a month so I'm staying at their room and keeping an eye for Lenni, the parrot :) But now I know where to go and buy my food, where to hop on a bus, I got a place to sleep and call my home..all the rest is secondary and I will find out about when needed.

I'm still a bit ill, just a regular flu I guess, so keeping it low for another day or two, but should be going to town on monday for some info at University and start taking care of stuff there.

All in all, everything's all right here, a bit (LOT!) colder than I imagined, but thanks to Eeva and Vesku, I got an electric heating matress and lots of blankets to keep me warm at night :)

More to come soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment